- Category: Information Center
- Published on Tuesday, 13 March 2012 05:44
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 4102
This is the homepage of Sabah Places.
We welcome you to The Land Below The Wind - Sabah. Enjoy the natural beauty of Sabah.
If you need any information, just click and come back to this website and find your answers here.
If you like nature, you have come to the right place.Sabah has many islands with beautiful beaches and surrounded by crystal clear water. You will be thrilled by the abundance of marine life here and you can feed them with your hands. .
Mount Kinabalu, the second highest mountain in South East Asia is covered with century old rain forests at the foot hill and lower slopes.The wide range of variety of fauna and flora is the main attractions of Mount Kinabalu, the sacred resting place for spirits of the natives' ancestors. Here you can explore the thick jungle by participating in the jungle trekking activities guided by the Rangers.
For the strong and adventurous,take the challenge to climb to the summit!
Sipadan Island,the world's renown paradise for scuba divers are inviting you to explore her beautiful under water caves, which were almost destroyed by careless contractors who were building some buildings on the islands few years back. Hurry, it may disappear one day, you will never know what some greedy people will do to the gift of Mother Nature tomorrow!
Places of InterestsIf you are not looking for information and directions, but wish to read more about places of interests in Sabah, please visit Sabah Tourist Attractions.
To stop spammers and Bots from posting in the Forum, we are charging an ANNUAL subscription fee of $1.00 now. Click the "Subscribe" button to access.
However, non paying members can still click the navigation buttons on the side bar to access the information pages.
Thank you for your support.
Political structure of Federation of Malaysia:
Sabah is one of the 13 states and 4 Federal Territories of Malaysia as shown below:-
• WEST MALAYSIAN STATES
- Sultanate of Johor (Johor Bahru)
- Sultanate of Kedah (Alor Setar)
- Sultanate of Kelantan (Kota Bharu)
- Sultanate of Pahang (Kuantan)
- Sultanate of Perak (Ipoh)
- Sultanate of Selangor (Shah Alam)
- Sultanate of Terengganu (Kuala Terengganu)
- Elective Monarchy of Negeri Sembilan (Seremban)
- Kingdom of Perlis (Kangar)
- Melaka (Bandar Melaka)
- Pulau Pinang (George Town)
• WEST MALAYSIAN FEDERAL TERRITORIES
- Federal Territory of Putrajaya (federal administrative capital)
- Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur (legislative capital)
• EAST MALAYSIAN STATES
- Sabah (Kota Kinabalu)
- Sarawak (Kuching)
• EAST MALAYSIAN FEDERAL TERRITORIES
- Federal Territory of Labuan (Bandar Labuan)
Sabah and Sarawak are situated on the Borneo Island. They are collectively referred to as East Malaysia, and are separated from the 11 West Malaysian (Peninsula) states by the South China Sea.